Visitors Visa

Israel Visitors visa - Elmaliah Law Offices

Do I need a visa to enter Israel?

Israel concluded visa exemption agreements with many states all around the world. In order to check whether your state of citizenship has a visa exemption agreement with Israel, please consult the following website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Citizens of states holding a visa exemption agreement with Israel can enter Israel freely for up to 90 days. However, the duration of the stay will be determined by the border police and may be much shorter than the maximum of 90 days. Under certain circumstances, the border police may also denied entry to visitors, even if the person in question is a citizen of a visa exemption state. However, these cases are very rare and limited to a small list of key reasons. 


Tourist visa may be extended to a maximum of  90 additional days; however, a reasonable explanation must be furnished for the necessity of extension.


Clearly, holders of a tourist visa are not allowed to work in Israel and if they do so, this will constitute a criminal offense


In general, citizens of states from where a visa is requested may file an application of their own to the Israeli embassy of their country of citizenship. The respective visa fee is 21 Euro or 24 USD. In the event of group travel to Israel (such as pilgrims, guided tours, etc.), our office will be pleased to organize visas for the group members.